A firm massage involving the manipulation of the soft tissue, this involves the use of various techniques such as stretching, kneading, trigger points, frictions and others. Sports massage has many benefits and is for any person, you don’t have to be an athlete to have this treatment, it can be tailored to individuals needs.
30 /60 / 90 minutes’ treatment can be advised when you ring to book.
- Reduces pain
- Improves mobility
- Relief from repetitive strain injuries
- Improves posture
- Improves body awareness
- Reduction in stress & anxiety
- Helps with the removal of exercise waste products such as lactic acid
- Tight muscles are loosened and stretched, improving flexibility.
- Tendons are loosened and stretched.
- Strained muscle groups can be loosened and stretched
- Ideal for prevention of strains and tension
- Break down of scar tissue
- Better sleep
The benefits of massage therapy are evident in pre-competition, during and post-competition. With carefully tailored pre-event massage, the body and the mind are prepared for the demands of the competition. Post-competition massage aids recovery with reduced muscle soreness, allowing a faster return to training.
Sports massage can help in the treatment and recovery process from an injury. We use advanced massage & stretching techniques to restore optimal function and movement. We work closely with each client to try and identify the causes of injury by including a detailed assessment to help prevent further injury. We can provide advice on rehabilitation exercises and support clients in the safe return to activity and training.
A 30 minute treatment:
– massage of legs or back
A 60 minute treatment:
– massage of the back & shoulders, lower back, legs front and back.
A 90 minute treatment:
– massage of the back and shoulders, lower back & hips, legs front & back, arms.
Feedback is given afterwards and a treatment plan can be given for weekly or fortnightly visits if required.
Monday-Friday: 8:30am - 7:30pm
Saturday: 8:30am - 5:00pm
Sunday: Associate Therapies